1/7 Photos of Dill Dip
2 hrs 10 mins
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
"There it is!" said Bryan. Oh the excitement of seeing Spring come to the hills of this farm. Bore bees were busy digging holes inside of the greenhouse and buzzing around while Bryan was venturing into the Spring garden to scope out the new plants. We had been patiently waiting for the last several weeks to see these little peas show themselves and now the wait was over. For Bryan; who is a vegan, these snow peas represent a total package. At their easiest, a wash in the vegetable sink in pop directly in mouth. However; quite often after the day has set and night is upon us I quickly make up the dill dip and we just scoop up the dip and use the snow peas for a pleasurable crunch. We have been working on healthy versions and this is it! As always with my recipes, make them your very own, give them your own special memory, and look closely you will see that pea pod looking up at you too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (I use fresh dill but I increase to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 lb fresh snow pea, washed with stems removed
- wavy chips
- pita chips
- 1Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, dill, lemon juice, salt, and any optional ingredients as listed.
- 2Chill dip for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to marry.
- 3Serve the dip with snow peas as your dipper(s).
- 4Don't have snow peas? Use what is in season for your area. Blanched asparagus, baby carrots, or cucumbers or of course, chips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dill Dip
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 537.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: