Recipe by Gidget265
I cobbled this together from other recipes I liked and wanted to write it down so I had an option of making it again!
Top Review by Roger W.
The recipe is not complete. Where do you put the melted butter with the rest of the cheese & bread crumbs? If it goes on top with the first half why not mix it all at the same time?
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (Helman's)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry the Halibut filets.
- Mix 1/4 C light Mayo, 1 Tbl Dijon, 1 Tbl lemon juice, 1/4 C breadcrumbs and 1.5 Tbl Parm.
- Spray olive oil in a 9X13 pan bottom.
- Place Halibut filet's into the pan. Spread mayo / dijon mixture on the top of the filet's.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. (microwave) Mix in the balance of the bread crumbs and the parm. Note - I used 4 Tbl of the butter, but upon double checking the recipe's I leveraged, they used substantially less. I bet you could easily get by on 2 tbl butter --
- Bake the fish at 350 degrees for about 12 - 14 minutes. Then put oven on Broil (change the racks in the oven if needed) for a couple of minutes (4) until the top is nicely brown.
- (Note first time I made this - had about 1.25 lbs halibut and husband thought there was a smidge too much of the mayo / dijon mixture.).