Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Even though I don't commonly make dishes like this, I thought giving this a try would be worth it. IT WAS! Excellent for company and simple enough for a weeknight dinner for something a little fancier, sometimes, I just want fancy for myself. I love dill and last year, grew some in my herb box. For sure better than store-bought. I dried it myself and it is still better than store-bought. This is something to keep around when I'm expecting people to impress.
- 4 whole boneless chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄3 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, sliced
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Blend mustard and dill; spread on chicken breasts. Top each breast with cheese slice; roll up.
- Roll each pastry sheet to 12 inch square; cut each into 4 (6 inch) squares. Beat egg white and water; brush edges of each square with egg mixture. Place 1 chicken roll diagonally on each square. Join 4 points of pastry over chicken; seal seams.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.