Recipe by Wildflour
These are great hoagies that I really enjoy making in the summer when you want something hot and good, but don't want to heat up the whole house!!
Top Review by *OzMan*
I made these for a quick dinner, and I can say that these are both easy to prepare and delicious to EAT! I did use your options of lettuce I tomato, and slightly buttered the rolls before toasting! A great sandwich, and thank you very much for these and I will be making them again, possibly with some jalapeno slices to spice them up. Gotta love that spice! :)
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 (8 inch) hoagie rolls, toasted
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine velveeta, milk and mustard.
- Stir over low heat til smooth.
- Saute green onions in butter in frying pan for 1 minute.
- Add meat and mix lightly til heated through.
- Top/fill toasted hoagie rolls with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese sauce.
- Top with shredded lettuce and tomato if desired. I like it on mine, my hubby doesn't! :).
- Sprinkle with additional sliced green onions if desired.
- Place on top of roll if split.
- Slice in half on the bias if desired.