Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
From the Betty Crocker "New Chicken" cookbook. Haven't tried these yet, but they sound delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 hamburger buns
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Prepare Dilled Dijon Sauce by combining first three ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except buns!) and shape into 6 patties.
- Grill patties uncovered, 4 to 6 inches from heat for 14 to 16 minutes. Turn once and grill until no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve burgers on buns with Dilled Dijon Sauce.
A good burger always goes down well in my house, but not always appreciated by the waistlines, so the fact that this was so low in fat and cholesterol was a good start. DH was not convinced when he saw that it was basically only three ingredients..and even less impressed when he saw the pattie before grilling. The pattie was very wet and hard to handle and I ended up just throwing it into cling film and shaping it that way. As it was so wet I was too afraid to throw it straight on to the grill bars so put them on a baking sheet and grilled them that way (indoors!). I have to say though, that the end product is very tasty, and even the burger king himself admitted that he enjoyed it!! Thanks Scrappie...now I can be virtuous AND eat burgers!! Made for PRMR.