Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sweet potato recipe is more like a pone in a sense. Easy to make. Goes good with roast pork or roast duck.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, grated
- 1 grated oranges, rind of or 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs and sweet potato.
- Beat well.
- Add orange or lemon rind, spices and milk, and continue to beat.
- Pour into a well buttered oven dish and bake in a moderate oven (350F) for 1 hour.