Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe one Sunday when I was trying to find a dessert that would be compatible with the south beach diet. This one is just diet pudding and cool whip, but the combo of flavours is ooey-gooey good! This is how I figure the calories: diet Butterscotch pudding 100 for the box, diet Chocolate pudding 132 for the box, skim milk 360 for 4 cups, ultra low fat cool whip 272. Total 864, for each of 8 servings 108.
- Mix the butterscotch pudding with two cups skim milk until lump free and pour into 8 dessert bowls (or large wine glasses, make sure they hold at least 3/4 cup of liquid).
- Chill until firm (about 10 minutes).
- Spread the cool whip on top of the butterscotch pudding (dividing it evenly).
- Mix the chocolate pudding with two cups skim milk until lump free and pour carefully on top of the cool whip.
- Refrigerate until pudding is well set, this dessert is best well chilled.
- If desired sprinkle the top with a small quantity of chopped nuts or add a dab more cool whip (remember to add the calories if you do).
It was fine. Basic pudding recipe. Nothing incredibly exciting, but a nice end to the meal. Thanks for getting me to try mixing flavors!