Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is so pretty and doesn't taste ANYTHING like a diet cake. It is perfect for birthdays or an occasion for somebody who is health conscious...I know there are some of you out there! Haha. Let me know what you think....=)
- 18 1⁄4 ounces pillsbury reduced sugar classic white cake mix
- 2 egg whites or 2 egg substitute
- 12 ounces diet ginger ale (cranberry)
- rainbow candy sprinkles (optional)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free (not frozen)
- 10 strawberries, diced (or more if desired)
- Turn Oven on to 350.
- Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl, and add the can of soda, and 2 eggstirs.
- Use an electric mixer until the consistency is perfectly smooth (about 3-4 minutes to be sure).
- Pour in desired amount of sprinkles and stir it all up.
- Pour mix into a 13 x 9 inch pan, or 2 8 x 8 round pans.etc.
- Bake according to box instructions (about 29-35 minutes).
- Let cool for 30 minutes or more.
- Carefully "ice" the cake with however much Cool Whip is desired, making sure not to cause the cool whip to become "unwhipped." (Do not mix the cool whip up, but rather dab it on and make it look textured).
- Then sprinkle a tad of sugar onto the diced strawberries (if desired) and sprinkle the strawberries on top of the cool whip layer.
- Enjoy your low calorie, low fat, diet soda cake!