Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious way to enjoy broccoli. I hope you enjoy it!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs (Can cut back to 1 if extra large)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup onion, finely minced
- 4 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 lb diced cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter and flour in blender or mixing bowl.
- Blend or beat until cottage cheese mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in broccoli, onion, corn, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and a couple of drops of hot pepper sauce.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture into a greased, deep casserole.
- Make soft bread crumbs by tearing 1 slice of white bread into blender container and blending on low speed until soft crumbs are formed.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add soft bread crumbs and saute until golden brown.
- Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs and bacon over cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F 1 hour, or until mixture is set.
This recipe was a welcome change from the many posted using Mushroom Soup. I only baked it for 30 minutes. I think any longer would have dried it out. It's a keeper.