even those on a diet deserve a treat occasionally
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 14 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2Combine all ingredients. Batter should be thin so add more milk if needed.
- 4Puree cottage cheese and cream cheese in blender. Add lemon rind and juice.
- 5Place in top of double boiler over hot water.
- 7Stir occasionally.
- 8Prepare strawberry sauce:.
- 9In heavy saucepan cook strawberries in 2 tbsps water over medium heat til soft. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp of cold water. Add to strawberries and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- 10Stir in almond extract.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in artificial sweetener.
- 13Prepare pancakes:.
- 14Fry six large pancakes, one at a time. Stack with paper towels between pancakes.
- 15Stir artificial sweetener into hot filling.
- 16To serve, place a spoonful of filling on each pancake.
- 17Roll pancake around filling, placing edges underneath.
- 18Spoon warm strawberry sauce over blitzes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Strawberry Blintzes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 476.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: