even those on a diet deserve a treat occasionally
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 14 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2Combine all ingredients. Batter should be thin so add more milk if needed.
- 4Puree cottage cheese and cream cheese in blender. Add lemon rind and juice.
- 5Place in top of double boiler over hot water.
- 7Stir occasionally.
- 8Prepare strawberry sauce:.
- 9In heavy saucepan cook strawberries in 2 tbsps water over medium heat til soft. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp of cold water. Add to strawberries and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- 10Stir in almond extract.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in artificial sweetener.
- 13Prepare pancakes:.
- 14Fry six large pancakes, one at a time. Stack with paper towels between pancakes.
- 15Stir artificial sweetener into hot filling.
- 16To serve, place a spoonful of filling on each pancake.
- 17Roll pancake around filling, placing edges underneath.
- 18Spoon warm strawberry sauce over blitzes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Strawberry Blintzes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 476.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: