Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
even those on a diet deserve a treat occasionally
Make and share this Diabetic Strawberry Blintzes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 14 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- Combine all ingredients. Batter should be thin so add more milk if needed.
- Puree cottage cheese and cream cheese in blender. Add lemon rind and juice.
- Place in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir occasionally.
- Prepare strawberry sauce:.
- In heavy saucepan cook strawberries in 2 tbsps water over medium heat til soft. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp of cold water. Add to strawberries and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in artificial sweetener.
- Prepare pancakes:.
- Fry six large pancakes, one at a time. Stack with paper towels between pancakes.
- Stir artificial sweetener into hot filling.
- To serve, place a spoonful of filling on each pancake.
- Roll pancake around filling, placing edges underneath.
- Spoon warm strawberry sauce over blitzes and serve immediately.