Apple cobbler for diabetics. Low glycemic. Low sugar. High fiber. All Natural. Delicious!
Make and share this Diabetic Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- The filling:.
- In a large bowl combine apples, 1/2 cup xylitol, 1 tbs honey, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract.
- Stir gently with a toss like motion to mix up all ingredients and coat all the apple pieces.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Do not worry about spreading out, it will naturally.
- Place 2 tbs butter on top the apple mixture.
- The topping:.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Drop batter by the spoonful over the filling, spreading as even as possible.
- The batter will spread during baking.
- Bake for 1/2 hour at 350.
I am a diabetic and always on the look out for something new to try, and this was just a bit different. I used the hone,y but I only used a bit of the sweetener as I used sweet apples and felt it was going to be sweet enough I did feel that it was way too much sweetener anyway. The almond meal makes a nice topping for a wee change. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2011.