Recipe by Annacia
This is light in both texture and calories with nice little almond crunches. It's good all year round but it's especially lovely in the summer. Freezing time not included.
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee (finely ground. I used instant coffee)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve finely ground coffee in milk.
- Beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar substitute until mixture forms stiff, shiny peaks.
- Blend in coffee/milk mixture, almond extract and chopped almonds.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into individual parfait glasses; garnish with additional chopped almonds if desired.
- Freeze until firm.