Recipe by Thierry Schwartz
Something quick and spicy. You can use any hot sauce you like. Have fun with it and never take cooking too serious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons frank's redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave Directions.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, eggs, Frank's RedHot Sauce and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in flour, cocoa and baking soda. Beat until smooth. Stir in chopped nuts and mini chips. Spread into greased deep-dish 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate. Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Place pie plate on top of inverted custard cup in microwave oven. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, turning once. (Brownie may appear moist on surface. Do not overcook.) Cool completely on wire rack.
- Dust top with confectioners' sugar. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with ice cream and fudge sauce, if desired.