Recipe by Lparmoc
I found this recipe in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, as part of their special section of Super Bowl party recipes. It is originally from "Great Party Dips," by Peggy Fallon (Wiley, $16.95). It is an absolutely superb blend of shrimp, bacon, and cream cheese, with a bit of a kick provided by horseradish, cayenne, green onions, and parmesan cheese. Serve with crackers or pita chips. Great stuff.
- 226.79 g cooked peeled medium-sized shrimp
- 170.09 g lean thick-sliced bacon
- 226.79 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 7.39 ml prepared white horseradish (I used a little more)
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Chop shrimp coarsely.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned, for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then chop finely.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, all but 1 tablespoon of the parmesan cheese, the horseradish, lemon juice, and cayenne. Mix until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, bacon, and green onions. Scrape the mixture into a small gratin or other shallow baking dish, spreading into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly hot and the top is lightly browned. Serve warm, right from the baking dish.
- Makes about 2 cups, or 6 to 8 servings.