Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My Mom always made these for her "big" parties, and I loved helping create the cute little canapes. A natural for the fall season!
- 20 slices thin white bread
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can deviled ham
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- paprika, for garnish
- Cut each slice of bread with a 3" round cookie cutter. Flatten each bread round with a rolling pin, between sheets of waxed paper.
- Spread flattened bread rounds on both sides with mayonaisse. Roll each one up to form a cornucopia shape, and secure with a toothpick. Place cornucopias onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350%, for 12-15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Remove toothpicks, and cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine deviled ham, eggs, and mustard. Fill cooled cornucopias with ham mixture, and sprinkle lightly with paprika.