1/8 Photos of Deviled Egg Chicks!
These are adorable and pretty easy to make, just a tad time-consuming....but worth the smiles they receive!! Hope you try them for Easter or a spring brunch! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 extra-large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup heavy mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard (table)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (optional)
- 4 pimento stuffed olives, slice each into 4 slices
- 16 slices red bell peppers, tiny triangles, can sub carrots
- 1Place eggs in saucepan of cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil over med-high heat, STIRRING GENTLY AND CONSTANTLY, *this keeps the yolks in the center.
- 3Boil and gently stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Place on tight fitting lid and turn off heat.
- 5Let sit for 25 minutes.
- 6Carefully put eggs into bowl of ice water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Carefully peel eggs. *This is easy if eggs are older.
- 8Rinse with cold water, place on paper towel.
- 9Slice thin slice off bottom of each egg, *this will ensure they stand up later.
- 10With paring knife, cut top third of egg off in a zig-zag pattern. CAREFULLY remove tops.
- 11CAREFULLY scoop out yolks. *Take your time doing this, you may need to use your paring knife to break up yolks inside to get them out.
- 12Place yolks in mixing bowl, mash WELL with fork.
- 13Stir in rest of ingredients except olives and peppers.
- 14Overfill bottom egg white "shell" with filling, place top "shell" on carefully pressing very gently.
- 15Place on olive slices for "eyes", pressing them into the filling gently.
- 16Push 2 triangles of red pepper into filling to make beak.
- 17*****You may want to boil a few extra eggs for this, in case some of them don't peel well or get wrecked, it happens. Also so that you will have plenty of filling, too! If you boil extra eggs and add the yolks to the filling, just add a bit more of the ingredients to compensate, it'll be fine! ;).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Egg Chicks!
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.3 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives