Recipe by MissCurious
Yum. This was originally called something else. I don't remember what. My sister renamed it to better fit. Every family reunion, this is a huge hit!
Top Review by um-um-good
Great quick, simple, inexpensive summer desert. I've also tried this recipe prepared as the other reviewer (Shels)using coolwhip. a friend of mine who is diabetic also makes it with light pudding and light coolwhip and a low sugar jam instead of pie filling for the topping. it's also great with a lemon pudding instead of vanilla pudding. i freeze mine. it cuts really well and quickly chills while you're eating it.
- 1 (4 ounce) package prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can pie filling, your choice. cherry is good
- 1 (1 kg) box unsalted saltine crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of a 8 by 10 pan.
- Place soup crackers on top evenly, covering as much as possible.
- Next spread vanilla pudding on the crackers.
- Repeat step 2.
- Spread whipped cream on crackers.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 6 until you have no pudding or whipped cream left. End with a layer of crackers ontop.
- Spread pie filling on top.
- Cover and place in fridge for about 24 hours so that the whole thing becomes soft. Enjoy!