Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Yum. This was originally called something else. I don't remember what. My sister renamed it to better fit. Every family reunion, this is a huge hit!
- 1 (4 ounce) package prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can pie filling, your choice. cherry is good
- 1 (1 kg) box unsalted saltine crackers
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of a 8 by 10 pan.
- Place soup crackers on top evenly, covering as much as possible.
- Next spread vanilla pudding on the crackers.
- Repeat step 2.
- Spread whipped cream on crackers.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 6 until you have no pudding or whipped cream left. End with a layer of crackers ontop.
- Spread pie filling on top.
- Cover and place in fridge for about 24 hours so that the whole thing becomes soft. Enjoy!
Great quick, simple, inexpensive summer desert. I've also tried this recipe prepared as the other reviewer (Shels)using coolwhip. a friend of mine who is diabetic also makes it with light pudding and light coolwhip and a low sugar jam instead of pie filling for the topping. it's also great with a lemon pudding instead of vanilla pudding. i freeze mine. it cuts really well and quickly chills while you're eating it.
My mom has a recipe from Weight Watchers that is very similar called Passion Flakey. It uses Dream Whip or low fat Cool Whip instead of Whipped Cream, and low fat pudding mix. Either way, its yummy!