Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's tasty! I suppose I didn't have anything else around so I started thinking:) Preparation time is about 5 minutes if you toast the bread. This recipe is for when you want to make one sandwich. You can make as many as you wish.
- 2 slices white bread (I haven't tried any other types of bread, toasted is fine)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I like the Taco Bell brand)
- 5 dill pickle slices or 5 dill pickle spears, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat refried beans in small pan till warm (optional).
- I like it right out of the can too.
- Take sufficient amount of refried beans from can or pan to place on one slice of bread (depends on how hungry you are).
- Add mayonnaise, pickles, salt and pepper according to your preference over beans.
- Add the other slice of bread and eat away!
- Don't knock it until you try it.
I happened to see this in ReeLani's reviews and decided that I HAD to try it. It surprised me but honestly, it was really great! When I went to make it, though, I realized that I didn't have any refried beans. So I heated some pintos and mashed them with some cumin and onion powder. The combination with the dill pickle was fabulous. Really good fast sandwhich!
A great combination~and I'm neither desperate nor a man! I couldn't pass this up since it sounded so different and yet so good. I used Pepperidge Farms white toasting loaf, fat free refried beans, and a large Grundelsheim dill. Total comfort food, and I'll be eating lots of these sandwiches in the days to come.