Recipe by otto.markiv
I always fall back on this recipe when I need to make something which is delicious, quick and really easy to make. Don't take my word for it make it once and you will love it! Most of the stuff is readily available in your friendly Indian grocery store.
- 4 eggs
- 6 -8 tortillas
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small tomatoes
- 3 -4 serrano peppers
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs and once done cut them to petite diced form.
- Dice the tomato to a petite size.
- Finely chop the onions, serrano peppers, garlic and the cilantro.
- In a flat pan add 2 tbsp of oil and once heated saute (on medium heat) the onions till golden brown and then add the rest of the ingredients (except cilantro and the tortilla) stir fry for 5-8 minutes and you should smell the strong flavors by that time. Add the chopped cilantro to the cooked filling.
- Remove from heat and we can now use this mix as filling for the rolls. You can use any kind of roll for this but since I wanted to use items readily available I recommend flour tortilla. Fill the tortilla with the egg filling and roll it up and use some water to secure the edges of the tortilla.
- Once done with the above step we are ready to deep fry these rolls. Fry them till they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove and place on paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or even better with your favorite chutney.