Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fanny Farmer cookbook gets the credit for this, and the recipe is from memory, it was great!
Make and share this Delmonico Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place washed chicken breasts on foil on roasting pan.
- Broil at 400 F for 10 minutes, turning once.
- During the broil, mix the butter, mustard, paprika, garlic and vinegar into a paste.
- Turn the chicken back to skin side up and slather with the butter paste.
- If desired coat with bread crumbs, I prefer the almonds.
- Turn down oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook until juices run clear, if crust begins to brown too much, cover lightly with foil tent.
- Let rest briefly and serve.
What a nice surprise!!! This chicken is flavorful, moist and sooo DELICIOUS! The combination of spices are really unique and the almonds add fantastic texture. I followed your recipe exactly, with the exception of adding a bit of salt and peper to the chicken prior to cooking it. My husband kept raving about the basting sauce- I agree, it really was fantastic!!! (My 2.5 year old daughter even gobbled up every bite on her plate!) A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing, Karyl Lee!
Update: Prepared with almonds this time. Flavor again subtle and delicate. Prefer the seasoned bread crumbs. Original Review: Recipe is so simple and the chicken was incredibly moist. The flavor was very subtle and delicate, which was enjoyable. I did use seasoned salt and pepper before broiling and used seasoned bread crumbs on top. Next time I'll try the almonds, and then again by using 1/2 almonds and 1/2 bread crumbs to determine which way is best. Served with buttered new potatoes and succotash. Can't get any simpler. Thanks for sharing.
My family thought this was kind of bland.