Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fanny Farmer cookbook gets the credit for this, and the recipe is from memory, it was great!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs or 1 cup untoasted slivered almonds
- Place washed chicken breasts on foil on roasting pan.
- Broil at 400 F for 10 minutes, turning once.
- During the broil, mix the butter, mustard, paprika, garlic and vinegar into a paste.
- Turn the chicken back to skin side up and slather with the butter paste.
- If desired coat with bread crumbs, I prefer the almonds.
- Turn down oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook until juices run clear, if crust begins to brown too much, cover lightly with foil tent.
- Let rest briefly and serve.
What a nice surprise!!! This chicken is flavorful, moist and sooo DELICIOUS! The combination of spices are really unique and the almonds add fantastic texture. I followed your recipe exactly, with the exception of adding a bit of salt and peper to the chicken prior to cooking it. My husband kept raving about the basting sauce- I agree, it really was fantastic!!! (My 2.5 year old daughter even gobbled up every bite on her plate!) A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing, Karyl Lee!
Update: Prepared with almonds this time. Flavor again subtle and delicate. Prefer the seasoned bread crumbs. Original Review: Recipe is so simple and the chicken was incredibly moist. The flavor was very subtle and delicate, which was enjoyable. I did use seasoned salt and pepper before broiling and used seasoned bread crumbs on top. Next time I'll try the almonds, and then again by using 1/2 almonds and 1/2 bread crumbs to determine which way is best. Served with buttered new potatoes and succotash. Can't get any simpler. Thanks for sharing.
My family thought this was kind of bland.