Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Mexico. A lovely combination of flavors!
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, slightly salted
- 1 papaya, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 leaves of fresh mint, roll them up and finely chop
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 tablespoons lemon extract or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and zest.
- Taste and add more of whatever it needs.
- Add everything else in bowl and toss.
This was good. A nice refreshing change of pace salad. Please DO use a small shallot; mine was a bit large & overwhelmed the salad. 3TB of lemon extract confuzzled me so I used olive oil. (Is 3Tb lemon EXTRACT correct??) A lovely salad made for PAC Spring '07.