Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got bored last night and decided to make something "sweet" and this is what I ended up with. It is not a dense cake, but rather light, however, it isn't super sweet. You can use any choice of liquid coffee creamer that you desire. This fills the house with a wondeful smell while cooking.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxyellow butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer (I used Coffeemate Hazelnut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9x13 inch baking pan with Pam or Baker's Joy to keep cake from sticking.
- In large mixing bowl, prepare cake mix according to directions, using the 1 cup of butter, 3 eggs and 1 1/4 cup water.
- Pour into baking pan.
- In separate smaller bowl, blend cream cheese until fluffy, add one egg and continue to beat for approximately one minute.
- Add confectioner's sugar and blend well.
- Add coffee creamer and mix slowly until well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the top of cake mix and lightly blend in with a knife for a"marbled" texture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the middle no longer jiggles.
- Serve warm or when cool.
First let me say I printed the recipe to take home and before I left the office, foru more copies were made. Now I'm printing one more! This was easy, made the house smell WONDERFUL and is one of the best cakes I've had in a long time. I used creme brulee creamer in mine 'cause that's what I had. My coworker made on with French Vanilla, and another coworker is making one with vanilla caramel today. We're already discussing cake mix/creamer variations and I plan to make one this weekend for a family dessert & coffee get together so I can spread the recipe even further. What is that now. 25 stars???? Try this, you won't be disappointed.
One more for PAC 06. OH MY GOSH!!! I cannot believe this has not been tried and reviewed. This is a keeper !!! I followed it exactly as is, because I like hazelnut. If you need to have a nummy cake for any kind of function you have got to try this. I would never have thought of using coffee creamer. thanks punkin !