Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just found this recipe by Farmer John's and just have to have it in my cookbook!
- 12 extra large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup liverwurst
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Slice eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolks.
- Place yolks and remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and blended.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into the egg white halves.
Deliciously devilish is right!! Made for light supper tonight and had to sneak half of one. YUM! Would never have thought of liverwurst in deviled eggs. Not a liver fan, and used less than the recipe stated--but creates an interesting taste. Made for Lorac's Cookathon.