Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
My kids hate anything whole wheat but don't know the difference with these delicious muffins. I cannot believe anything this good could be so low in calories. This is a variation of a recipe I had. I replaced the flour with whole wheat, and the softened margarine with apple sauce and reduced the amount of 1/2 cup sugar to 0 and the amount of honey from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
- Mix together eggs, bananas, applesauce and honey.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups or grease tins.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.