My kids hate anything whole wheat but don't know the difference with these delicious muffins. I cannot believe anything this good could be so low in calories. This is a variation of a recipe I had. I replaced the flour with whole wheat, and the softened margarine with apple sauce and reduced the amount of 1/2 cup sugar to 0 and the amount of honey from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together eggs, bananas, applesauce and honey.
- 2In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 3Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4Line muffin tins with paper cups or grease tins.
- 5Fill cups 2/3 full.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.
- 7Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Whole Wheat Lowfat Oatmeal Banana-Nut Chocolate Chip M
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g