Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe I just made it, my family loved it I made it with "Awesome Egg rolls" from this site. I hope people like it
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, cut in 2-inch by 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 16 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and brown.
- Then add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer for 45 minutes over medium low heat.
- While the meat is simmering, drain the pineapple.
- Save the syrup and set aside in a bowl. Quarter and seed the green pepper and cut into strips.
- Set the pineapple and pepper aside in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch, add the pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt.
- Mix well and add to the pork.
- Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and gets shiny.
- Add the pineapple and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and put in a serving bowl. I am not sure on the cook time, because I was making other stuff also.