- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 15 minutes, until soft.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and simmer until syrupy.
- Season, tip into a dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until very hot.
- Add the steaks and cook for 1 ½ minutes on each side. (Longer if you prefer it well done).
- Top the steaks with the onion and serve with spinach, roasted tomatoes and mashed potato on the side.