Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OUTSTANDING and very healthy! And it's even easy to prepare :) I like it served with baked potato wedges, tomato-cucumber-onion salad and ketchup...
- 1 lb firm tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb cauliflower floret, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon marmite (yeast extract)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (if you like it hot)
Sauce for topping
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Marinade: Melt Marmite in boiling water, add remaining ingredients. Pour over crumbled tofu, stir to blend.
- Add mushrooms and mashed cauliflower. Mix well.
- Transfer in to a baking pan. Bake 30 minute (Stir 2-4 times.).
- Sauce: Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Pour water, lemon juice and mustard in to a sauce pan. Stir, then add dry ingredients, and whisk well. Cook till thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the tofu dish during the last minutes. Serve immediately.