Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Bake the sauerkraut in the bread for Reuben sandwiches. Add Thousand Island dressing, shaved corned beef and a couple of thin slices of Baby Swiss cheese. Saute in butter...OOOOO my---you're in Irish heaven!
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Enjoyed this bread a lot especially warm spread with a little butter. (Don't think I would have liked it as much plain.) Made this b/c we had some leftover sauerkraut. Didn't have the caraway seeds, so left those out and subbed sour cream for yogurt since that's what I had on hand. Thanks! Will make again whenever we have leftover sauerkraut!
- 3⁄4 cup tbsps water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup dry instant mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions or in order given.
- Choose settings for Light Basic and Medium crust.
- Variation: Set for dough only cycle; remove and divide into individual sandwich-sized loaves. Let rise until doubled on baking sheets, and bake at 350 degrees F.; until hollow sounding when thumped, about 15-20 minutes.