Recipe by Scrambled Mama
I've blended a few pot roast recipes I've seen into this one. It's a quick and delicious winter meal that makes enough for leftovers.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 5 small potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry onion soup mix
- basil (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chuck roast into the crock pot. No trimming is needed.
- Season the chuck roast with pepper, basil, and garlic powder to taste (based on your own preferences).
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place on top of the roast.
- Place the baby carrots on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the dry onion mix, water, and apple juice (optional).
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.