Recipe by Ribbonesque
Tasty Pasta Bake made with yoghurt, tuna and peppers
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I'm not sure if I used the right kind of pepper sauce, but I really enjoyed the results (so, I guess it was the right one, regardless :) ). I used some Turkish sauce that also contained ground nuts and tomato paste. This was super-speedy and very delicious. It made good leftovers, too. Thanks for posting!
- 400 g pasta
- 1 (350 g) jar red pepper sauce
- 300 ml plain yogurt
- 1 (200 g) can canned tuna
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4 (350f).
- Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling water and allow simmer for about 9 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the red onion and peppers into small pieces and then fry in a little olive oil in a large saucepan.
- After about 5 minutes, add the red pepper sauce and heat through for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the yoghurt tuna and black pepper
- Blend the mixture thorougly.
- Lay half the pasta at the bottom of a large dish, spread half the pepper mixture over the top. Repeat with the other half over the pasta and sauce, making sure the pasta is covered well.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Delicious served hot with green salad and crusty bread.