Recipe by Maiya
This is a very easy and delicious cake that is guaranteed to solve your chocolate craving. The espresso really helps bring out the chocolate, and I really like the flavour the olive oil lends to the cake too. This has become my favorite chocolate cake recipe.
Top Review by annlouise
Loved it! Almost as easy as a mix, but so much tastier and healthier! I substituted 1/2 c of sucanat for sugar, and was impressed that the olive oil was "hidden" enough. I only had one problem; getting it out of my bundt pan, but that was probably because I let it cool too long. Next time I think I'll try it with a 9x13.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup espresso
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add espresso, milk, lemon juice, eggs, olive oil, and extract to dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Mixture will be EXTREMELY THIN.
- Don't worry!
- Bake at 350*F for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- After the cake cools completely dust with a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar, if desired.
- You can also frost the cake with your favorite frosting, but it is very good without frosting.