Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very Healthy, Moist and Delicious Dessert or Breakfast...
Make and share this Delicious Low Sugar Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups bananas, s (mashed)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can crushed pineapple (Not the kind with Syrup, use the one where it is packed in its own juice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger or 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (14 ounce) canland of lakes sugar-free whipped topping (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature and mix with the sugar and the sugar substitutes.
- Next add eggs,then bananas,then buttermilk, then the vanilla.
- Combined the Flour,salt,spices,and baking soda, and gradually add to the liquid mixture.
- Last add the crushed pineapple and do not drain, the dry pudding mix and the chopped nuts.
- If batter seems a little thick add another 1/2 cup of Buttermilk or you can use applejuice or applesauce.
- Spray 4 loaf pans with a nonstick oooking spray then pour into the prepared pans. (about 3/4 full)
- Optional - Sprinkle batter with extra brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon for a pretty and crunchy topping.
- In a preheated to 350* oven, bake Loaves for 45 - 60 minutes depending on your oven.
- check after 45 minute with a toothpick just in case.
- Enjoy slices of this scrumptious bread topped with Land o Lakes Sugar free whipped topping or just serve with a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk.
- These loaves can also be frozen in a Freezer bag or container for at least 8 weeks. I have done this and they taste great, just make sure you seal the bags ( I double them!) Air Tight.