Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is my very favorite low carb recipe! It's so easy to prepare, and it's done in only 2 minutes in the microwave. The best part is that it only amounts to 1 carb per slice!!! There isn't a trace of corn in the recipe, but try it; it really does taste like cornbread!
- 3 1⁄2 ounces ground almonds or 3 1⁄2 ounces almond flour
- 1 ounce melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients, then work in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased microwave-safe container (about 6-inch square, or thereabouts).
- Microwave for 2 minutes at power level 8.
- Cut into 8 slices, about 1 carb per slice.
- Serve with butter.
Ok. my mom and I are doing a low carb diet, and We were having chili, and you cant have chili without cornbread, and so we looked up a low carb cormbread recipe. It didnt really taste like cornbread, but it was still good! we did french toast with it too! and it was great, sooo, Great Job! :D
This was easy to make and really took the edge off. You need the chew factor of carbs. Also made you feel full afterwards. Down side is that Almond Flour is not cheap, so this is a treat. I used egg beaters in place of the eggs and it still tasted great. My husband loved it and me for finding the recipe so he could have guilt free bread. Thanks for sharing getting ready to make in right now...Only takes a couple of minutes.
I thought this was quick and easy. Not really sure it tasted like cornbread but did have the consistancy of it. I had to cook it for 3 1/2 min in my microwave on high to make sure it was done. Nice "bread fix" thanks!