Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is my very favorite low carb recipe! It's so easy to prepare, and it's done in only 2 minutes in the microwave. The best part is that it only amounts to 1 carb per slice!!! There isn't a trace of corn in the recipe, but try it; it really does taste like cornbread!
- 3 1⁄2 ounces ground almonds or 3 1⁄2 ounces almond flour
- 1 ounce melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients, then work in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased microwave-safe container (about 6-inch square, or thereabouts).
- Microwave for 2 minutes at power level 8.
- Cut into 8 slices, about 1 carb per slice.
- Serve with butter.
I made this almond flour "cornbread" with about a 1/4 cup of corn off the cob (put in a food processor) and 2 packets of Splenda. I baked it at 350 for 18 minutes, put it in a greased 6" pan. It is cornbread. I know if added about 12 grams of carbs to the entire recipe...but if you want cornbread that is low carb..this is it.
Ok. my mom and I are doing a low carb diet, and We were having chili, and you cant have chili without cornbread, and so we looked up a low carb cormbread recipe. It didnt really taste like cornbread, but it was still good! we did french toast with it too! and it was great, sooo, Great Job! :D
I thought this was quick and easy. Not really sure it tasted like cornbread but did have the consistancy of it. I had to cook it for 3 1/2 min in my microwave on high to make sure it was done. Nice "bread fix" thanks!