This is one of our family's best recipes ever! It came from my great-grandma who was the best cook in our family. I love it, my family loves it, and we hope you do too!
- Measure flour into bowl; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, whole egg and salt.
- With hands, thoroughly mix egg into flour.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- (Add only enough water to form dough into a ball.).
- Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into paper-thin rectangle, keeping remaining dough covered.
- Roll rectangle around rolling pin; slip out rolling pin.
- Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
- Shake out strips and place on towel to dry, about 2 hours.
- When dry, break dry strips into smaller pieces.
- Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) (We use chicken broth.) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
Used this to make homemade creamy chicken and noodles. I also used my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook to knead the dough and a pizza cutter to cut them up. Didn't even break a sweat it was so easy! I also did not wait for them to dry and just tossed them in my soup. They were very tender and perfect. Thank you so much for posting this!!
Very simple. If you are using a KitchenAid pasta appliance, make sure the dough is not sticky AT ALL. It will be difficult to separate into individual noodles if it is at all sticky. It is not so crucial if you are rolling out and cutting by hand/pizza cutter, etc.
Either way, they are wonderful, light, and tasty! Great recipe!
Good Gravy these are delicious. I was prepping chicken for frying tomorrow ( buttermilk bath today) and had the backs left over..decided to make some stock although I already have tons in the freezer. Had some left over moroccan chicken from earlier in the week and decided - hey, why not? Howzabout some homemade noodles to go with that. Read lots of recipes and chose yours. Boy am I glad I did. I rolled mine fairly thick on purpose and they are melt in your mouth delicious. Thanks so much . Easy and tasty - doesn't get much better than that.