Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These delicious corn muffins were served at Kenny Roger's restaurant. I found the recipe on "Top Secret Recipes". I love to serve them with BBQ. They are so good it is almost like eating a dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and blend thoroughly.
- Add milk while mixing.
- Add corn to mixture and work into mixture.
- Do not mash corn, the whole kernel is baked into the muffin.
- Fill a muffin pan with 12 paper/foil muffin cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are light brown.
This is a wonderful corn muffin recipe. Nice and tender inside and slightly crusty on the outside. I agree with Marie, you can taste the honey flavor which I think is a real plus. These went great with our BBQ and I will be making them alot to go with my favorite soups and stews. Thanks Dawn.
Very good tasting corn muffins. Nice texture. You can detect the mild honey flavor in them. As with any other baked good, be careful not to overbake them. I recommend these muffins.
This is probably the best corn bread recipe I've found! they turned out super tasty! i sprinkled some chili powder in the dough, and it didn't add any heat to it, but it definitely enhances the flavors. SO GOOD!