Recipe by Dawn
These delicious corn muffins were served at Kenny Roger's restaurant. I found the recipe on "Top Secret Recipes". I love to serve them with BBQ. They are so good it is almost like eating a dessert.
Top Review by PixieDust
This is a wonderful corn muffin recipe. Nice and tender inside and slightly crusty on the outside. I agree with Marie, you can taste the honey flavor which I think is a real plus. These went great with our BBQ and I will be making them alot to go with my favorite soups and stews. Thanks Dawn.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and blend thoroughly.
- Add milk while mixing.
- Add corn to mixture and work into mixture.
- Do not mash corn, the whole kernel is baked into the muffin.
- Fill a muffin pan with 12 paper/foil muffin cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are light brown.