Recipe by nita 284904 southern girl
Very tasty, creamy textured pie. got recipe from another sight some time ago. family and friends love it. If crust and filling starts to brown to fast, lightly cover with aluminum foil.. Filling may look grainy when mixing is completed, that's ok, finished product will be fine. .
Top Review by 2Bleu
This is a wonderfully simple recipe to make. It took our pie the full 60 minutes to bake, covering loosely with foil after 45 minutes. The flavor is very good and the directions are spot on. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, no substitutes
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl using a hand held electric mixer on low speed, beat butter until just creamy. add sugar, a little at a time until well mixed. Add eggs mixing just till well blended. Stir in the flour.
- Mix in a little amount of the milk at a time beating to blend. add coconut and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle top of pie with a small amount of coconut. Bake 40-60 minutes or until there is no jiggling when slightly shaken. Mine took 60 minutes, however; check after 40 minutes.