Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
So simple, so tasty, this is a no fail recipe! Excellent for barbecues served with salad or with my Braised (Pilaf) Rice.We love them stuffed into pita bread or in wraps with salad for lunch. Also great cold for picnics! Timing does not include marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice or 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- melted butter, for brushing
- Cut the chicken into 1" cubes; sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and leave for approx 10 minutes.
- For the marinade, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger and ground spices in a bowl until mixed well.
- Thread chicken on to skewers and brush liberally with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, better overnight.
- Barbecue or grill, brushing with butter or oil, turning frequently, until cooked through--approx 15 minutes.
- NB-You can also do this with chicken portions like drumsticks and thighs; adjust cooking time accordingly.
Nothing special. The marinade was kind of weak.
We enjoyed this for lunch today. It is a keeper! Made for PRMR.
I omitted the part with the salt and lemon juice on the chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs). In the marinade, I omitted the coriander. Since I wanted it low-fat, I didn't brush with melted butter. The taste was very yummy. And the chicken very tender. Thanks Noo :) Made for PRMR tag game