- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice or 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- melted butter, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into 1" cubes; sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and leave for approx 10 minutes.
- For the marinade, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger and ground spices in a bowl until mixed well.
- Thread chicken on to skewers and brush liberally with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, better overnight.
- Barbecue or grill, brushing with butter or oil, turning frequently, until cooked through--approx 15 minutes.
- NB-You can also do this with chicken portions like drumsticks and thighs; adjust cooking time accordingly.