1/1 Photo of Delicious Blueberry Squares!
1 hr 15 mins
This has to be one of the best recipes for blueberry squares... taken my "Favorite Summertime Recipes" folder! You may use all blueberries, and the larger amount of cornstarch, if you prefer a more "gelatinous" filling, rather than a bit loose. If you follow directions carefully, you will have the most fantastic blueberry squares... I promise! Don't forget, chill for 30 minutes before baking! Please, do the crust only in the processor otherwise it will not have good results! Prep time includes chilling time of 30 minutes. Even better...use 2 cups blueberries with 1 cup raspberries if desired!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 cup cold butter, cut in chunks
- 1Butter a 7 x 11-inch baking pan.
- 2Line bottom with a sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
- 3In a food processor, put the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; PULSE to blend for 20 seconds.
- 4Add in the COLD butter chunks, and PULSE to cut in the butter into the dry ingredients until you have a crumbly mass (not dry, but not sticking together).
- 5Toss together the berry mixture with the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- 6Spread/pat (LIGHTLY) half of the oatmeal mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Top/spread with the blueberry/cornstarch mixture as evenly as you can.
- 8Top/sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal mixture, and press down slightly.
- 9Chill the pan for 30 minutes (THIS IS IMPORTANT! must be chilled).
- 10Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the fruit starts to bubble.
- 12Cool pan very well before cutting, or refrigerate for 2-3 hours before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Blueberry Squares!
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g