Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From my lovely Mother In-Law. This is a FABULOUS cake! Try it with cream cheese frosting...YUM!
- 1 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 4 egg whites
- Heat oven 375°F.
- Cream together the butter, salt, vanilla and sugar. Stir in yolks, one at a time.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and crumbs.
- Add to butter mix, alternating with milk until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into mix.
- Pour into a greased, floured 9x13 pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on racks.
- Serve or frost as desired.