Recipe by KelBel
I got some delicata squash from my organic food basket. I wanted to serve them stuffed, so I came up with this recipe, adapted from other recipes I have found. Also, you can eat the skin of the delicata squash, so this recipe is ultra simple to make and eat!
Top Review by The Cycling Chef
Great dish - loved the toasted pine nuts. Overall, all the favors were great, but I did not think that the bread cubes added anything to the experience. Next time I will use wild rice instead. Extra treat - the skin was delicious and sweet.
- 2 delicata squash, cut in half seeds removed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and diced small
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place squash cut side down on a baking pan with sides. Add 1/2 inch water to pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is slightly soft. Remove squash from oven. Pour water off pan and carefully turn over so cut side is up.
- Combine all ingredients for stuffing mixture.
- Place mixture into the 4 squash cavities. Return to oven, continue baking for 30 minutes or until squash is soft and topping is browned.
- Serve immediately.