Recipe by basia1
I saw my recipe for Vegan Fudge had already been posted by Recipezaar (from The Compassionate Cook) so here is another recipe for vegan fudge. It's from Jeanne Marie Martin, "Vegan Delights". Enjoy! Cook time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 8 drops peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nuts or coconut (for topping) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the maple syrup and peanut butter on low to medium heat until hot and soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a 9" or 10" glass pie plate or similar pan.
- If topping, press coconut or nuts on top.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut and serve.
- Keeps up to 3 months refrigerated.