1 hr 30 mins
My best friend gave me this recipe that she made for homemade chicken soup! This freezes well to pack for a microwaveble lunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken inside a large pot and cover with water (distilled is best).
- 2Bring to a boil then turn down to medium and cook about 40 minutes.
- 3Remove the chicken, debone it and put back into the pot.
- 4Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the canned soup and cook until vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- 5Put the canned soup in a strainer and run cold water over it to take the extra fat out.
- 6Add to the pot and cook about 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee's Best Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 1436.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: