Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My best friend gave me this recipe that she made for homemade chicken soup! This freezes well to pack for a microwaveble lunch!
- 8 -10 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 lb celery, sliced
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (10 ounce) cans chicken noodle soup
- Place chicken inside a large pot and cover with water (distilled is best).
- Bring to a boil then turn down to medium and cook about 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, debone it and put back into the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the canned soup and cook until vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Put the canned soup in a strainer and run cold water over it to take the extra fat out.
- Add to the pot and cook about 15 minutes more.