Recipe by Scibba
Found this on the 'net'. Needed a cajun butter recipe on a minutes notice! Was the best deep fried turkey I have had!
Top Review by karen in tbay
We use this recipe all the time for our deep fried turkeys. Friends often request a turkey done this way as their gift request. We also season the outside with exactly all the same ingredients as injection but measurements doubled. WE try other mixtures and store bought bottled injections and always come back to this one.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (DO NOT USE REGULAR SALT! WILL CLOG YOUR INJECTOR)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper (DO NOT USE BLACK PEPPER, WILL CLOG YOUR INJECTOR)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter slowly as not to burn.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- (I place in a covered bowl and shake vigorously).
- Inject into your turkey and allow to sit for one hour or more before deep frying.
- HINT: We were cooking the turkey while camping, and decided to leave it in the bag to inject it, so it would not be so messy!
- It worked great!