- 1 large eggplant
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- fat, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Peel eggplant and cut into sticks about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roll in flour.
- Dip in egg and milk mixture; roll in crumbs.
- Deep fry (about 380 degrees) until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Serves 6.