Recipe by internetnut
This "one-pan" taco combines all the great ingredients of tacos, but is a snap to make and less messy to eat than regular tacos. Time Saver: Cut prep time by using frozen chopped onions. This came from Best Of Betty Crocker 2010. I have not tried it, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons old el paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2oz)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces old el paso chopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 8-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix until blended.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick and water until soft dough forms. Using fingers dipped in Bisquick, pat dough in bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of baking dish.
- In same bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise and cheese until blended.
- Layer beef mixture, tomato and chilies over dough; spoon sour cream mixture over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges of dough are light golden brown.