Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
The BF likes Cajun anything, so changed up a recipe for a chicken pot pie I found elsewhere online.
- 1 pie crust (I prefer Most Incredible No Fail Pie Crust)
- 2 large chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (if using canned, drain first)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped potato (chop small, if they are too big, they will not cook completely)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (can vary amount depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Prepare pie crust.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add broth and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbling.
- Stir chicken, mixed vegetable, and potatoes.
- Pour into deap dish pie plate or tin.
- Brush edges of dish with beaten egg to help pie crust adhere.
- Place pie crust over mixture. Cut to fit and crump edges all around. Cut steam vents in the top. If desired, re-roll and cut the excess pastry into strips or decorative shapes and lay over the crust.
- Brush with remaining beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F for 30 to 40 minutes until crust is browned.
I doubled it and made some for a potluck and one for our Family. It was great. I added some Herbes de Provence also. I also used leg quarers instead of the chicken breasts. Thanks for sharing.
Really wonderfully tasty dish! The ordinary pie is turned to something new. I prepared the Most Incredible No Fail Pie Crust #28943, as suggested and it was great, too. For veggies I felt I had to use sweet peppers, onion and celery and sauted them lightly in butter before adding flour and the rest of it. I felt there wasn't enough chicken and used the whole chicken for this. I used skim milk and felt it was tad too dry and added 1/2 cup sour cream. The four of us devoured this, but I think we might have eaten a little more than really necessary. But what can you do, it was so yummy....