1/2 Photos of Deep Dish Cajun Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 40 mins
The BF likes Cajun anything, so changed up a recipe for a chicken pot pie I found elsewhere online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust (I prefer Most Incredible No Fail Pie Crust)
- 2 large chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (if using canned, drain first)
- 3/4 cup chopped potato (chop small, if they are too big, they will not cook completely)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (can vary amount depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Prepare pie crust.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 3Stir in flour, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- 4Add broth and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbling.
- 5Stir chicken, mixed vegetable, and potatoes.
- 6Pour into deap dish pie plate or tin.
- 7Brush edges of dish with beaten egg to help pie crust adhere.
- 8Place pie crust over mixture. Cut to fit and crump edges all around. Cut steam vents in the top. If desired, re-roll and cut the excess pastry into strips or decorative shapes and lay over the crust.
- 9Brush with remaining beaten egg.
- 10Bake at 400F for 30 to 40 minutes until crust is browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Cajun Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 500.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g