Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Dense, chewy cookies
Make and share this Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (about 9 ounces)
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- On low speed, beat dry incredients into meringue.
- Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).
- Place 1/4 cup sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; cool.