- 1 cup butter (8 oz)
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, chopped
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the butter and both chocolates in a pan, and slowly melt on top of the stove. stirring frequently.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in the sugar and continued beating for about two minutes(for you to have a crusty, crinkly top).
- Add the warm chocolate mixture to the fluffy egg/sugar mixture add the remaining ingredients in the order given. Mix well.
- Pour into the greased dish (12×8). Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F uncovered. Then reduce heat to 325°F, cover with aluminum foil, baking 5-10 more minutes (depending on how hot your oven cooks). You want this gooey, but set. Let cool, and enjoy each delicious, RICH bite !
- NOTE: I halved the recipe baked mine 350ºF 27 minutes (8x8) without foil.