Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I found this recipe. It's a very interesting but moist cake. I think it's fine on its own without frosting. It calls for a large bundt pan, I have a 10 cup so I cut the recipe when I make it, but I'm posting it as it was written. Since I use a smaller pan, it takes about 55 minutes for mine to bake. I also leave out the nuts. It reminds me of a big brownie. I've made it several times and everyone loves it. I use the candy bars by the checkout counter, they should be 1.5 oz and you need 8 of them. They also sell them in a pack--I think they comes 8 to a pack.
- 8 (1 1/2 ounce) Hershey Bars, plain
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pecans
- Melt candy and syrup, until smooth, add vanilla and cool.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and chocolate. mix baking soda and flour together and add alternately with the buttermilk.
- Add nuts. pour into prepared large bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours. toothpick comes out clean, its done.